I am not difficult to shop for. Find something related to dinosaurs, aliens, bigfoot or that generally involves profanity, and I’m a happy camper. Or, if you’re simply stumped, just get me something related to food, beverages, or beer.
I LOVE food and beer!
This Christmas, my gifts perfectly reflected these aforementioned interests, and a few even overlapped!
Two of the cookbooks I received were actually cocktail books, and a random perusal of “Shake” inspired the following improvised creation. I muddled frozen blueberries with some lemon juice and honey, shook it up with some vodka, served it over ice, and topped it with a slash of champagne from the open bottle in fridge. Yes, we had a summery drink on Christmas day, but I think that a drink like this should be enjoyed year round!
- 2 shots of your favorite vodka
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup – fresh or frozen – blueberries (plus more for garnish)
- Champagne or prosecco
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- Stir together the honey and the vodka in a glass until the honey begins to dissolve.
- Muddle the blueberries and lemon juice in the bottom of a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and the honey-vodka mixture to the shaker, and… shake it.
- Prep two glasses with ice, and divide the shaken blueberry mixture between the two.
- Top the glasses off with champagne, and garnish with a few blueberries and lemon wedges.
- Sip and enjoy!