I don’t have a lot to say about this one, except that I was looking for a simple little something to serve up with the Clutch-inspired crab cakes from the beginning of the week.
An easy plate of greens seemed like the most direct route, and a premade salad dressing would have been an easy way out. Having given it a moment of extra thought, I realized that I didn’t want to pair fresh crab with a dollop of bottled ranch, so I checked out the pantry and the fridge, and came up with this little number.
The result is a sweet, acidic and creamy dressing, which I’ll be adding to our weekly rotation.
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tbs minced garlic
- 3 tbs fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tbs honey
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Prepare the ingredients: mince the garlic, chop the parsley, measure out the rest. Pour the oils together into the same measuring cup/vessel.
- Place the following ingredients in the basin of your blender or food processor: both vinegar’s, the garlic, the parsley and the honey.
- Pulse the vinegar mixture a few times to get it all mixed together.
- Set the machine to blend, and pour the oil into the mixture in a slow, steady stream.
- Turn the machine off, taste the dressing, and season it with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Pour it into a container, such as a mason jar or tupperware, and store it in the refrigerator for up to a week.